Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Range will not self clean! Error Code(F5E0) says Faulty

Customer Question

Range will not self clean!

Error Code(F5E0) says Faulty Door Latch. All other range controls work fine--burners, oven bake, broil, etc. Have checked range locking mechanism and limiter safety switch and they are OK.

Had changed the ERC a couple of months ago but did not check the self cleaning cycle since all other controls worked fine. Did notice that the new ERC module was a little different than original but since the range worked did not think anything of it. My wife is none too happy about cleaning the oven manually. Any advice would be appreciated to solve the problem or I may be cleaning the oven.
Whirlpool RF363PXDN0
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

unfortunately even though you check the door switch limiter the door switch assembly will need to be replaced,

F5 E014Door switches do not agreeCheck door switch. Contacts should be closed when plunger is actuated. Check door switch circuit for open.

there is a conflict which means one of the contacts inside the switch is bad or welded shut. Main Product Viewheres a link to the part.

link this will take care of the issue, thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I ordered the part you suggested #(NNN) NNN-NNNN Switch and installed it. Unfortunately the self-cleaning cycle still did not operate and gave the same error code as before.

(F5EO). Please advise!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Need info that would correct the above mentioned problem. Thank you.  Door Limiter Switch was installed as per Bryan but cleaning cycle still will not work.  Error Code FSE0. Please advise!