Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

We have a front end load washer model WBVH6240 purchased in

We have a front end load washer model WBVH6240 purchased in 2006.As it goes from the wash cycle to the rinse cycle it doesn't complete the cycle.It randomly stops and door un locks.We then manually place it in the Drain&Rinse cycle to complete the drain.What could be causing
this problem?Its a GE washer

powell ohio

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

this has a drain trap on the pump have you cleaned it? the pump looks like this.

you need to remove the trap # XXXXX on this diagram, turn it and pull it out and clean it. you need to remove the access panel under the door to get to this. there are there screws way underneath the panel near the floor. even when you place this is manual drain its probably draining enough the second time to complete the drain, take a look at that first.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Great job.I can't beleive how quickly you gave us the correct answer.I don't know the first thing about fixing anything,but I feel a since of accomplisment.Thank You very much.

your very welcome, thanks and well wishes, Bryan