Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a 3 yr old GE ZVC36LSS hood. It has one of those remote

I have a 3 yr old GE ZVC36LSS hood. It has one of those remote control panels hooked up by what looks like a phone cable. The control panel acts very erratically and unreliably. Won't turn on/off, etc. Tried switching the breaker on and off. Temperature doesn't seem to be a factor. Is there a part I can replace to fix?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

you would need to replace the switch assembly, (control) part # XXXXX on this diagram, the one thing you can try is get some H Q contact cleaner (Lowe's) and take the switch assembly apart and clean it real good, sometimes this works , if not you can get this @ link and the part # XXXXX XXXXX it comes in a kit, thanks Bryan