Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Maytag DWU8330BAX Dishwasher. Quit working in the Drying Cycle. Acts

Maytag DWU8330BAX Dishwasher. Quit working in the Drying Cycle.
Acts totally dead now no matter where I place the Timer Knob, nothing happens. Is there some kind of reset somewhere? Is there another reason the machine may be acting like this?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

nothing happens at all when you set the timer to wash? no noise at all? no water comes in?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Nothing, totally dead. Checked the breakers in the electric panel, all seem to be set. I thought it might be power, but not at the panel at least. Is there a reset on this machine or a fuse of any kind?
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
no reset on this, what you should check first is where the house line connects to the machine, remove the bottom access panel under the door and there will be a junction box where the house power connects, check the wire nuts and make sure one hasn't come loose, also shut the breaker off and remove the wire nuts and check power there. the white and black wires are the power wires, black is power and white is neutral, check for 120 volts there.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
That was the next thing on my list of stuff to check. It is going to take me a few minutes to dig up my meter and tools for this.
How do I get back to you if that is not it?
I am looking for the green button - where is it? If what you say is it, I will accept it.

If not, I will need to get back to you. I assume that I just leave this page open - correct.

Be back to you shortly Bryan.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
well if its not that its going to be one of two things, 1 one of the door lock switches , or 2 the timer has failed, one of these will be the problem, thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.