Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have an lrbn22514st refrigerator. The evaporator coil freezes

Customer Question

I have an lrbn22514st refrigerator. The evaporator coil freezes up and the refer compartment warms. The last three led lights on the display light up all at once and in that condition the temperature setting is frozen. I have replaced the main circuit board and the display circuit board.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Okay this is a defrost thermostat issue,these fail a lot in these refrigerators, it's part number 401A in this diagram, here's a link to order the part, this is located behind the back panel inside the freezer, it will be clipped to the coils what you get back panel inside the freezer out, hope this helps well wishes and thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi Bryan, Thanks for the infomation I'm curious though. What does the defrost stat have to do with the last three LED lights in the display lighting up all at once?
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Well not exactly sure about that to be honest, you said you replaced both so it can't be the boards themselves, did you replace the LED set up what I mean is the LED lights are in one of the boards am I correct? I did look at that part but I'm pretty sure it is, a lot of times the display lights lighting up all at once is a signal there is a problem, an error code, these are famous for bad defrost thermostats on pretty sure that your issue, you can test continuity to it but it needs to be Cold while you do it so you have to leave it on the coils as you do it, you can also check the heater in if you're going that far, both of the should have continuity but the defrost thermostat needs to be cold to have continuity, hope this helps, thanks, Bryan