Alan
Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ years in the appliance repair field.
11470909

I have a 20 year old Whirlpool clothes dryer, works fantastic,

I have a 20 year old Whirlpool clothes dryer, works fantastic, but recently the felt strip behind the drum came loose and got tangled in clothes, so we removed the strip. Can I easily repair this myself, or is it time to get a new dryer? (I figure the cost of a repairman would be close to the cost of a new dryer.) thanks.
This fix is not to complicated. It requires taking the front off, and then the front bulkhead and then pulling out the drum. You must then clean off the old drum seal and glue the new one on. The new seal should come with high temp adhesive and may come with instructions. I can help walk you through this if you would like. I will need the model number of your dryer.
Go back into the question and we can post back and forth.
Just click on the underlined question in your email and it will take you to where you can give me your model number and we can go from there.