Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a rental. The tenants apparently asked the appliance

I have a rental. The tenants apparently asked the appliance guy, who was there for another reason, to lower the dryer temperature on the Frigidaire washer/dryer (Gallery Heavy Duty FLSE72GCSB). Ever since then, it requires multiple cycles for a load to dry. How can I turn the dryer heater back up? Thank you.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

How did he turn this down? There is a heat selector switch on it that you turn to high or regular cycle setting, is it on that?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i don't think that it's something that is visible from the outside. i think it's on the inside of the dryer. the new tenant has tried the different settings on the outside and said nothing makes a difference.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i have to leave for the day. i'll be back in touch tomorrow. thanks, melissa

ok,talk tomorrow, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i am in my office now and will be available on and off all day. thanks, m
Okay will let me know when you need more help, there really isn't a thermostat that he can it adjust in the dryer itself, the thermostats in the dryer unless he changed one are automatic unless it has an after market adjustable one in which I'm not sure it does, these do not come with thermostats inside the dryer you can adjust, I looked at all your thermostats, unless he installed an adjustable one you may have a problem with the heater itself, this is a big job to get though and you would need service for this if that's what it is,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
how can i tell if it's adjustable?
You would need to pull the whole dryer apart check all of thermostats and if you see one with a small dial (temperature dial) on it that's the when you need to turn up to be honest this is difficult, you need to take the machine apart to get to it, I'm not even sure which one so I can't tell you where to look, you can press this blue link and it will take you to all the diagrams and parts for this, that's about all we can do, thanks, Bryan