Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I bought replacement parts for the front panel (model SHU)

I bought replacement parts for the front panel (model SHU) to change the color of my appliance - I don't know how to get the facia panel off nor how to get the new pieces on (when I took the metal front piece off - two black plastic pieces fell off and I don't know where they go)

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Do you have the full model number? I'll see if I can pull up some diagrams for you, how big are these plastic pieces that fell off?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
SHU4322UC - the pieces are about 2 inches wide - they have 2 comb like sides and then a flat side - I think they go on the bottom somewhere to ease the opening and closing of the door (its making a big clanking sound right now when you try to open it all the way)
do they look like this?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
not exactly - I can take a picture and send it when I am home
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
graphichere is the picture graphic
does it look like this? its hard to tell from the pictures you sent.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes that is it -

Okay these are called door guards, they are number three on this diagram. Unfortunately no the diagram is not very helpful on where these go but they go on the bottom of the door itself, they go right with the hinge connects, very difficult to explain these to you I hope the diagrams help though, let me know, thanks, Bryan

here is a link to all the diagrams, diagram link