Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

when the washer stops at end of cycle a very loud thumping

when the washer stops at end of cycle a very loud thumping occurs. It has been doing this fgr quite awhie How come?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Can you resend the model number and put a space between each number? When you say a very loud thumping at the end of the cycle is that at the end of the spin cycle when the machine stops? Is it almost like a bang?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
1 1 0 2 2 9 0 2 1 o o iT MAKES A SERIES OF THUMPS NOT JUST ONE BANG WHICH IS NORMAL
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
It is spinning however correct? Is the inner tub loose on this? Can you move it by pushing on the sides back and forth doesn't seem loose?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

tHE CYCLES SEEM TO BE CORRECT THE INNER TUB SEEMS LOOSE

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Okay the inner tub seems loose this could mean one of a couple of different things,1 the spanner nut that holds the tub could of loosened, or the drive block maybe bad, you will need to check these things and there are help videos for this, I'm going to include the links to the videos, this one is for the drive block which will cover the spanner nut also, click the blue link below,

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Drive-Block/2858?modelNumber=110.22902100

I'm sure is one or the other, hope this info is useful, thanks and well wishes Bryan