Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a fifteen year old Dacor Touchtop Electric Cooktop Model

I have a fifteen year old Dacor Touchtop Electric Cooktop Model No. ETT365. None of the burners will heat. I called an electriciain and he confirmed that there is power to the burners. He said he has no idea how to repair cooktops, though. He said there might be a reset button someowhere but he couldn't find it. He suggested I contact Dacor. Is there a remedy? Or should I just buy a new one?

Thank you.

Steve Malshuk

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

When the electrician said there was power to the burner's did he check and see to make sure there was 220 V to the Burners?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, there should be 220 volts even though he didn't say there was 220 volts. The flat top was installed 15 years ago and worked fine until a few weeks ago (It's a vacation home.). I assume that the 220 volt connection should always be there.
yes there should be 220 volts to the cook top at all times but you may not be getting the voltage to the burners themselves. this is just a cook top and not an oven also right?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The voltage was tested right at the connection to the stove top. The stoves are in a different location and they work fine. The electrician definitely said there is power. That is why he thought the stove top might have "hidden" reset switch. He had no idea how to repair a flat top that is why he suggested we find our Dacor manual to see if that mentioned anything about a reset (it doesn't) or a repair technician.
Yeah there is no reset button for this unfortunately, what's going on since all the burners are out and not just one means the control board has failed in it, this is no longer available and even if there was you looking at about $450 but it's coming up on available that means there is nothing that can be done for it at this point, sorry, wish I had better news but unfortunately I don't, thanks and well wishes, Bryan