Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a GE Profile Oven with a ERC-II control panel. The clock

Customer Question

I have a GE Profile Oven with a ERC-II control panel. The clock and timer seem to work fine, but when i press the bake, broil, or clean buttons nothing happens. Is this a problem with the controller or some other part of the oven?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Can you get us the full model number? Is this a wall oven or a freestanding range?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Model Number: JSP38GO. This is a free standing range.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Unfortunately this is bad, they show the clock/control is being no longer available, that is the problem with this, how old is this range?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I just moved into the house so I don't know exactly how old, but I would estimate it being about 20 years old. Looks like it's not worth pursuing any further. I was hoping to see if there was an easy fix like a temp sensor or something that goes bad on these models, but if it is the control unit itself, then not worth the $. Thanks.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay, looks like the parts on available for it any longer anyway, well wishes and thanks, Bryan