How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bryan Your Own Question
Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 12156
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Bryan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

we have a GE microwave Model #JES1139WL03, Serial# AT922175B.

Resolved Question:

we have a GE microwave Model #JES1139WL03, Serial# XXXXX The unit does not heat.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

 

The clock runs down the time and the fans are running in the turntable is turning is that right? Just no heat? But having sounds like it's running correctly?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
that is correct. the light comes on too.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok, your magnetron is bad. It's part number WB27X11053 and it is $116.99 @ http://www.searsp artsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/GE-Parts/Microwave-Parts/WB27X11053/0022/364/Model-JES1139WL03/0432/0123245?keySuffixId=NA&productTypeId=0123245&searchModelNumber=JES1139WL03&subCompDesc=Microwave&brandDesc=GE&modelDesc=MICROWAVE&blt=11 the problem is these are very dangerous to work on, it's recommended that a technician install this part, microwaves can store a lethal amount of voltage in the capacitor and can kill you if you hit the wrong wires when working on these, please collie trained technician in to repair this, here is the government warning on this,

Consumer Product Safety Commission

Electrocution Hazard with Do-It-Yourself Repairs of Microwave Ovens

CPSC Document #5061



The U. S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) warns against do-it-yourself repairs of microwave ovens. Each year, on average, four people die from electrocution trying to repair their microwave ovens. Microwave ovens use high voltage which makes it particularly hazardous for consumers to remove the cover and touch electrical parts. The possibility for electrical shock from a microwave oven still exists even after the oven is disconnected from the power source. Should certain internal devices fail, even unplugged ovens can cause serious injury.

The Commission strongly recommends that consumers have professionals repair microwave ovens because electrical appliances can be hazardous if consumers expose live electrical parts.



/!\ WARNING

ELECTROCUTION HAZARD
HIGH VOLTAGE

Removing the cover of your microwave oven and touching an electrical part can kill you.

Have a professional repair your microwave oven

 

be safe and have a professional . repair your microwave , thanks and I hope this helps, Bryan

Bryan and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you