Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

my whirlpool gas dryer wont get hot

my whirlpool gas dryer wont get hot
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

can you pop the little square cap number 39 on this diagram, off and look through the hole , start the dryer and tell me if you see the igniter glowing.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the igniter is working glowing orange
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay, it glows for a while then you hear a click? A louder click? Then it stops glowing?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
igniter came on was glowing orange then flame ignited and dryer became hot . waited then tried 2 more times it glowed orange but nothing ignited it then stopped glowing orange both times
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Okay that's great, you need to replace your gas valve solenoids,this is a very common issue on these what they are is coils that open the valve magnetically these get weak and can't keep the valve open, here is a link to the parts and it also has a video on how to replace them, you can do these yourself in their less than $20 for the pair, here's the link just click on the blue link below,

thanks and well wishes, Bryan