Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

How do we re-attach a whirlpool oven door Removing it wasnt

Customer Question

How do we re-attach a whirlpool oven door?
Removing it wasn't a problem. Flipped the hinge latch, closed the door and lifted the door out. Easy Peasy!
Re-attaching is not working according to the manual. Manual says to
1. Insert both hanger arms (assume that's the horizontal metal piece of the hinge) into the door. Picture shows the hinges horizontal and the door being placed in the closed position.
2.Open the oven door. Should hear a click as the door is set into place. 3. Move levers back to locked position.
We don't hear any click and the only way we can see to re-insert the door is to have the hinges in a horizontal position with the hinge latch in the locked position. Yet we do not hear a click and the hinge does not seem to stay in place. There does not seem to be any way to lock the hinge latch b/c it already seems to be in it's locked position.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

so the door is off the appliance right now correct? Are the hinges locked out into the fully open position right now?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes the door is off the oven at the moment and the hinges were locked out into the fully open position. But they are currently 90 degrees to the oven door but I can extend them again and lock them into place if that is required.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
ok then yes, you need to lock out both hinges. Then just put the door into the receptacles on the oven at about a 45 degree angle and start to lower the door while pushing in on the door. Once the door is open fully at 90 degrees, you can unlock the hinges and the door will shut.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the help. This worked like a charm. The 45 degree while pushing down on the door was the ticket.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
awesome, glad you got it working again.