william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate

Kenmore Elite Oasis He --- Im getting a F50 code. What do

Kenmore Elite Oasis He --- I'm getting a F50 code. What do I do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.
Can i get the model number please? Thanks.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Mod: 27082601
Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX the code means and what you have to do to it in order to get it fixed.

The F50 error code indicates that the RPS (rotor position sensor) detects no motor rotation. Check to see if the basket spins freely. If not, you could have an item caught between the outer tub and the inner spin basket. A toy or other item underneath the washer could also prevent the basket from spinning and would result in this F50 code.

If the basket spins freely, you could have a wiring failure that would prevent the motor from spinning

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Washer spins freely and unit is not but 2 years old so is there anything else that I can do?
Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.

If it spins freely then its a wiring issue. Unfortunatly you are going to have to investigate each wire. Or you can get a technician in there to do it for you. It still could be the sensor though. Its best just to get a tech. You can call them and see if you can get any help in paying for this all because its not that old. They have been having problems with this machine.