Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Kenmore Coldspot, Model 106-59509993, refrigerator

I have a Kenmore Coldspot, Model 106-59509993, refrigerator and the water dispensor tube has a leak right before where the water comes out of the tube. How can I take the front square panel off so I can pull up some of the tubing slack from within the door and cut the tube at the point of the leak so I have a fresh peace of hose at the point of dispensing?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Okay this is a tough one, on this diagram you need to snap part number 21 off starting at the bottom with a putty knife and carefully snap this piece off it clips on all the way around but the top has bigger clips and it's best start the bottom and work your way up around and lift the top off the clips.After you get that cover off you will be a will to remove the other pieces you need to get to the tube, you could see it in the diagram also, hope you don't have to take too much off because these are not very long at the other end where goes to the door hinge, push up on the tube while pulling on the other end, hope this helps thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have tried putting the putty knife under part 21 to pry it off, but it is not coming off. If I knew where to put the pressure on the clips, maybe it would help. Is there a diagram of the type of clip so I could see how the clip operates. I don't want to break that piece because they are expensive to replace.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Yes they are expensive to replace and yes they are a pain to get off, I really hate working on these because they are so hard to remove I'm trying to find a picture of the backside of the plate but have been able to yet, give me a little bit I'll see what I can find , I'll they are is little tabs that snap into what I can only describe as slots, I'll see what I can find for you, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
I have checked everywhere I know and cannot find a picture of the backside of this dispenser assembly cover, all I can tell you is it does snap off and on, I wish I could actually show you a picture of the clips but they're not really clips to actually part of the cover itself, I'm sorry that's all information I can give us, thanks and well wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Do I push up from the bottom or do I twist the knife as to pry it outward away from the door.  How much pressure to I do?
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
You need to pry it away from the door I wish I could explain how these clips were there, like a wedge in when you snap them in they go into slots on part number 1 on the diagram the ones on the top of more like a U-shaped and kinda slide into the top, that's why you need to work from the bottom up, once you start getting them loose it gets easier as you go around thanks, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Bryan, I will use more force and do what you said. If I am succesful, I will click on the accept answer button. Please give me a little time to try this.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Bryan, I managed to get the faceplate off and I cut the old tubing off, added a nipple and added another 4" of tubing and everything works fine. I am pleased with the result. There is no clip per say on the back of the front plate, but just a small platic edge that snaps over the back plate. There is a small opening under those 2 ridges of the front plate and for future situations, a tool that had a small lip on it inserted in that open and then a small force in a downward direction would allow the faceplate to be seperated from the back plate. The putty knife would still be useful to pull the faceplate away from the back plate as the downward pull with the tool in the opening is being down. Thanks again. Jim