Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Can I disable the buzzer on my maytag dryer md-14 Md6200

Can I disable the buzzer on my maytag dryer md-14 Md6200?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Why do you need to disable the buzzer on your dryer? Is this buzzing constantly?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It is loud and I don't need to be alerted when the load is nearly dry.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
If you look at this wiring diagram you will see the buzzer on the left side in the diagram, it sits right next to the timer up the the control panel
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sorry to seem stupid, but do I take off the back panel of the dryer? And then when I find the buzzer what do I do?
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Sorry no your not the stupid one I am I should've told you okay on this diagram you have to remove part number 8 it's just the panel across the back of the control panel,just bola dryer away from the wall unplug it and it will be screws holding this panel on remove it in the buzzer will have two wires connected to it, remove one and tape it real good so it can't ground out, this is what it looks like,it will be mounted right next to the timer, hope this helps, sorry I didn't think of telling you where it was,, thanks and well wishes, Bryan