Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Cook-N-Vent Model #SGS36GS and Serial #20010029M.

I have a Cook-N-Vent Model #SGS36GS and Serial #20010029M. I have a problem with the vent. The fan, motor & gears all work just fine. However, the gear arm that attaches to the snorkel (sp?) catches on the bottom of it on the way up causing it to stop about 3/4 of the way up. Then the vent won't move up or down and the fan won't work. Can I order new parts? Is there a technician that can come out to fix this? We live in Granville, OH about 35 East of Columbus.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Okay let me take a look at the model, a lot of times you can get the information you need for these being a Thermador it's hard to get all the information on these, I will see who is the closest service tech in your area are also, I will be back shortly thanks, Bryan

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay just as I thought the diagrams for at least the snorkel vent are not in the database on this model, this is something a handyman shouldn't attempt repair and anyway, what I would do is click this link and talk to capital city appliance in Columbus, they will help you set up a service call and get this repaired correctly, click this link, http://www.capcityservice.com/ hope this information helps, thanks and well wishes, Bryan