Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

How do I get the electronic ignition to STOP TICKING after

How do I get the electronic ignition to STOP TICKING after I shut off the burner?? It usually stops immediately as it should, but now it will not has been 20 minutes already!

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

is this a top burner or the oven? do you have a full model # ?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

top burner....the regular one, not the simmer one.

full model?? it is 12 years old....electric oven and gas closed burners. i cannot find the model number anywhere on the stove.

it is still ticking!!! I turn the gas on, and off. i don't want to burn out the is hard to find a thermador service man to come to the house.

thank you.

well the ignition module or the switch is bad. it is one or the other, have you spilled any water on the top lately?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

no did not spill anything. this happens often, but as soon as I make sure that the knob is closed all the stops. it has been ticking for an hour now.

i guess i have to call the service man to change the there anything i can do in the meantime?

Not really, he needs to check continuity on the switch before replacing it, it could be the spark module itself that's bad also, but he will need to check make sure the switches are good before replacing the module, unless you want to pull the whole of and control apart to get to the switches and disconnect them, the only thing you can do in the meantime is to shut the breaker off, this will stop the annoying tick, is make sure you burners are in the off position if you do this, I wish I could more but without a model number I can't do much more, thanks and well wishes, Bryan