John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

my daughter dryed a permanent marker in my new dryer and stains

my daughter dryed a permanent marker in my new dryer and stains are everywhere. How can I remove the stains?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for the question.

You can try this it usually works .

• Put on rubber gloves to protect your hands and pour two cups of chlorine bleach into a small bucket or basin. Be careful not to splash the bleach on your skin or clothing.

• 2

Add six to eight cups of water to the bucket and stir to thoroughly combine.

• 3

Place a few white or light colored towels in the bucket of bleach water and allow them to soak up the solution. Do not use dark colored towels, as the bleach will fade the color.

• 4

Wring the towels out thoroughly over the bucket. They should be damp with the solution but not soaking wet.

• 5

Place the damp towels directly into the clothes dryer and turn on the dryer. Run the dryer for a full drying cycle. If any ink remains, repeat the steps above.

• 6

Place a dry towel into the clothes dryer and run another full drying cycle to remove any bleach residue from inside the dryer

• Read more: How to Get Pen Ink Out of a Clothes Dryer |