Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

my Ref. has been running alot than I think. I have cleaned

my Ref. has been running alot than I think. I have cleaned under and behind it. It ran from4:32 to 4:46 it was off for 8 minutes and came on again. The remp. in thous control that?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Do you know the temperature in the refrigerated section? Is the freezer section running correctly? Is the fan in the freezer running? Sorry for all the questions just want to narrow it down some, is there any frost on the back panel behind the food in the freezer?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
There is some frost on the back panel in the freezer. The fan seems to be running and the fan under is running too.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Okay there is some frost that's why it's running so long and comes back on quickly, can you give me the model number and make of this refrigerator? Is it a side-by-side freezer on top or bottom?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It is side by side but I don't knowthe model number it is a whirlpool.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Okay in the refrigerator section either on the ceiling or one of the side walls there will be a silver or white tag with the model number on it, if it isn't there whole the bottom grill under the doors and there may be a tag there, I want to get you diagrams and tell you what you need to do, but I will need a model number do this however, let me know, I will be back in a few minutes, to check, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I found a service and wiring sheet with a number if that helps(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
That model number is XXXXX there must be more to it did you look in the places I said? It's got a be on the refrigerator somewhere
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
(NNN) NNN-NNNNel
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Okay that's not coming up either, let's just do this, can you remove the food in the freezer? Take the shelves out and then remove the back panel inside the freezer? Let me know you have this done, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sorry I found the numbers.

Model#ED5FHEXNB01

S.Numberr553124143

I restacked all the this morning.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Okay that's better, found it, we mean you re-stacked all this morning? Anyway do you think you can do what I asked you to do you need to get in behind the rear panel in the freezer and check the frost pattern on the coils, you are having a defrost problem and this causes the refrigerator to constantly shut off then come back on again almost right away, the problem is the refrigerator never really gets this cold as it should because the air flow is restricted so it needs to keep running to keep it that cold, the temperature thermostat is in the refrigerated section therefore it takes a lot to get the refrigerator section cold enough to shut the refrigerator down and keep it off, you think you can get that back panel off?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I took the back panel off this mornin g too. the fan under did seem to had been moving but I cleaned the fan and the coils too.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
No not the back panel behind the refrigerator with the compressor is the one inside the freezer it self behind your food and your shelves, inside the freezer itself open the door and look straight into the back where you saw the Frost that's where I need you get to.
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.