Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My Bosch dishwasher will not fill

My Bosch dishwasher will not fill
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

do you have a volt meter? what is the model # ?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have a volt meter. I don't know where to find the model number.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
Open the door and look on the side of the door and on the top part of the door should be a model number tag their usually it's on the right side when you open the door on the door itself,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What does a typical model number look like. I have the tag, but there are lots of numbers on it.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
Model number will look similar to this one but maybe have different letters or numbers shx36L15UC, is or anything like that on there?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Model = SMU 4052UC/14
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
Okay great that's it, this is your fill valve, when you take the access panel under the door off on the left side will be where the fill valve is you need to check this with the meter and see if you're getting 120 V to it, just put your meter in the two connector holes on the plug and start the machine, if you get 120 V you need to replace the fill valve, you can get this @ http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Water-Inlet-Valve/753868 four $45.10, these fail a lot most likely that is your issue, thanks and well wishes, Bryan