Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a 10 1/2 yr old Neptune Washer and Dryer. Until just

I have a 10 1/2 yr old Neptune Washer and Dryer. Until just recently they have run fabulously. Not too long ago I noticed that there was a small amount of water still in the basket area. That happened 2 or 3 times, but today the washer stopped, there was an "LR" showing in the digital readout and it hadn't gone through the cycle completely (softner wasn't dispensed) and it won't do a cycle correctly.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

LR stands for locked rotor, the control has detected the motor is not running properly, in this situation it's recommended you call for service however this may be a bad drain pump or suds problem, if the tub has suds around the inside of it will slow the motor down any LR will come up as an error code, you need to check the drain system and see if it's blocked user one of the hoses or the pump itself and see if there's any suds and it also, if you find nothing that I recommend calling the service that's what it says in the service manual also, these machines can be very complicated in the issue may be very hard to find, hope this helps, thanks, Bryan