Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have an electric MCE8000 neptune DC. For the lower tumble

Customer Question

I have an electric MCE8000 neptune DC. For the lower tumble dryer, the heat no longer comes on with the sensor dry cycle, but it works fine on the time dry cycle, can you tell me what parts to check?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Do you have tools to take this apart? The thermistor is the problem, this is the heat sensor for the sensor dry but this also has sensor bars in it you will need to check, check the sensor bars for continuity first, this is the moister sensor bars. If there is continuity between these two bars then you need to replace the sensor, you can get this @ http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Sensor-or-Thermistor/1033302?modelNumber=MCE8000AYW for $7.60 90% of the time this is the problem in these, thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have tools to take it apart. Do we need to access from the back panel or from the front. I think this part is near the vent screen?
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

Yes the part is near the vent screen I believe also, you should be able to test that by putting your meter on continuity and just test across the two of them, if you get continuity they are good and you need to replace the thermistor, this will be on the blower assembly, number 13 on this diagram, you will need to go in through the front of the dryer, the best I could do is send you the diagrams, this link will take you to all the diagrams,

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Maytag-Parts/Dryer-Parts/Model-MCE8000AYW/3048/0151200?pathTaken= this should help you get to the thermistor, thanks and well wishes, Bryan