Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Dryer wont start, just beeps when the start button is pus

Dryer won't start, just beeps when the start button is pushed.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

You need to replace the thermal fuse in this, this is located on the blower assembly, you can order this @ and if you click the blue link it will take you to the parts to order it and it has a video on how to replace it, this is very common on these, replace it should be up and running again in no time, thanks and well wishes, Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Pulled the fuse and it shows continuity, 0.00 ohms and a tone.
So it is toning out, it has continuity correct? The next thing you need to check is a door switch, can you get to that?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Got the door switch out and it has three poles. How do I check it for continuity?

Okay will one of the prongs goes to light one is the common and one goes to the motor you will get continuity across two with it in the out position and across the other two with and in the in position, and in your absolutely sure that the thermal fuse is good right? You could put the two wires together from the thermal fuse and tape them to test and see if it starts, I know these are a pain in the neck to work on sorry you have to go through all this sometimes this could be a long process,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OK, when I ohm out the switch, the first two of the prongs check good with the button in or out and the third prong shows no continuity with either of the other prongs regardless of whether the button is in or out.

Okay the switch is bad, you need to replace it, it should have continuity one way or the other so must be the side that runs to the motor that's bad the two prongs with no continuity good job, you can order this @ if you wish Hope this helps thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Outstanding!!!! Thanks for hanging with me on this. I really appreciate you being there.
No problem at all, good job by the way, a lot of people don't know what I'm talking about when I tell them to check continuity or to even get at a part to test it you did great, thanks and well wishes, Bryan