Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

We have a Kenmore dishwasher. The upper spray arm is not rotating

Customer Question

We have a Kenmore dishwasher. The upper spray arm is not rotating and cleaning the glasses in the upper rack. We have cleaned the holes in the arm. What else can we do to get it working?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

The pump assembly gets clogged and stops the water pressure from reaching the top arm. You'll want to watch the video below so you can see how to take the unit apart and clean it.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have already cleaned the pump. The water is getting t the arm but it is not rotating.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
then I'd just replace the arm or clean the holes out in the arm if they are clogged, that's about all you can do.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
You have not been of any assistance. I have already taken the arm apart and it is not clogged.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
ok then just replace the arm like I said. The water pressure (if it's getting enough like you claim) is what turns the wash arm. If it's not turning and everything is clean then replace the arm.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Other.
The answers given had already been checked and expert's solution does not help. Replacing the arm does nto seem to be a good answer given the fact that the arm does not appear to be broken
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Like I stated before, the water pressure pushes the wash arm out. So either the dishwasher needs to be cleaned out to get better water pressure, or you need to replace the upper wash arm---there is nothing that can possibly cause your problem other than these 2 possibilities.