Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Magic Chef RV drop in range Model BT22 R (cant read

I have a Magic Chef RV drop in range Model BT22 R (can't read the rest of it) The pilot light in the oven stays lit, but it does not heat. Does that mean I need to replace the thermostat? And is that difficult to do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today

okay you say the pilot is lit and when you turn the dial but the main flame doesn't come on? The main burner? The problem you have is the parts for this have been discontinued and are no longer available, unfortunately replacement of the entire unit is your only option since parts are no longer available for this unit, hope this helps at least you know now what to do, thanks and well wishes Bryan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I understand your answer but I am still wanting to know what it is? Would it be the thermostat??

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Okay,yes sorry the thermostat is bad, they show a picture of it but they don't stock it anywhere that I could find, this is what it looks like,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Would you please send me the model numbers or anything more I would need? ie seiral or manufacturer etc so I can do some research for it?
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
ok, I thinks I found whats wrong with yours if you can get me a little more info, first does the flame get bigger on the pilot when you turn the thermostat up?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I defineltly will pay you.. just want to be sure I get my answers first..:)

It does seem seem to get bigger..

Then since we have been talking it turned back on.. and now it isn't again..?

When you write back can you give me the model numbers? This is something I might attempt my self to replace...

Also..fyi.. more and more people are living in RVs as that is all they can afford. You might want to create your own web page with links going to you?

fyi-I'm just starting to create my own business online and will be creating blogs to advertise services and products..
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Okay here's what I found and I think it's your issue but if the flame isn't getting bigger when you turn the thermostat up I might be back to my original diagnosis, I was thinking your safety valve is most likely the issue and I did find these parts of course I'm going by what you gave me for model number and there was little but more to the model number I found but you can't seem to see the rest of your so not absolutely sure but I believe it's the same safety valve as yours has, here is the link to the parts I found,click this link, link and you will see the parts for the oven, just click on the diagram you want to look at. Which in your case would be top and gas controls and you will see the safety valve number 16 on the diagram, but they show you all the parts that are available for yours the model number I am going by is, BT22RK-4TZ this is as close as I can get to yours and who knows it might even be yours we don't know for sure but I'll bet you the safety valve is the same, they commonly use them in these and they don't change them because they're too expensive to make them different from every oven, hope this info is useful, thanks and well wishes, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.