Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My GE dishwasher is not fully draining or it is fully draining

Customer Question

My GE dishwasher is not fully draining or it is fully draining but not moving on to the next phase of cleaning. There is no air gap, the tube goes straight to the garbage disposal and the garbage disposal has been run. The light keeps flashing on the panel and the pump keeps running. I filled up the dishwasher with some water and it pumps most of it out but then the pump keeps humming but the dishwasher does not move on to the next cycle. I have tried the troubleshooting tips. I unplug it and plug it back in the light is still flashing and the machine is still humming. Could it be the sensor not reading that the water is moved out and time to move on to the next phase? How can I fix this? It is a GE PROFILE, Triton XL PDW7880n20ss.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

ok does this actually fill on its own? when you start the machine does the water go in and fill? or does it just buzz?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It does not fill, just buzz.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

Okay sounds like the valve is bad, but before replacing that go under your sink and check the shutoff and make sure that somebody didn't accidentally shut the water off to the dishwasher, there will be a shutoff valve on the sink you'll see a copper line or possibly stainless steel line connecting to your hot water under the sink may sure that is turned on fully, if it is then need to replace a valve you can order it at the link below, for $29.20

link for part, thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Will there be instructions on how to install?
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
It comes with instructions, if you remove the panel (access) under the door, there are two screws were sometimes four screws holding this on you will then see the valve on the left side front, need to shut the water off under the sink then remove the copper or stainless steal line from the valve, then the two screws holding the valve to the frame, unplug the valve, pull it down and will be a small clamp on the rubber tube that goes to the tub, remove the rubber hose and installed the new valve, pretty simple actually, hope this helps, thanks, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What if it is not the inlet valve? I replaced it and it is still not moving on to the next cycle. I poured water in the dishwasher and it pumped it out however the cycle does not complete. The hoses are not bent and the water valve is on.