Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have an LG WM2487H front loader washing machine. the washer

I have an LG WM2487H front loader washing machine. the washer works fine and drains fine after use. After a day or two of no use water starts to appear in the tub. I'm guessing one of the water valves may have a slow leak?

Thoughts? If this is the case how difficult would it be to determine which one and replace?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

You're exactly right, one of your water valves isn't sealing off properly and the valve will need to be ordered and replaced to fix the problem. Below is a link to the valve you'll need to order.

The best way to determine which valve is bad is to just turn off the cold water at the wall behind the washer. If the unit stops filling with water, then replace the cold water valve. If not, then replace the hot valve.