Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Maytag neptune mcg8000aww dryer. When trying to start,

I have a Maytag neptune mcg8000aww dryer. When trying to start, I can hear a relay click but nothing happens. I took off the front cover and checked to fuse on the blower housing and it is okay. The top still operates, but nothing on the bottom will run. What else should I look for?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If the top portion of the drying center still works but the bottom won't run, it just clicks---you have a faulty relay control board. The relay board is located inside the dryer itself under the drum and it will need to be replaced to fix the problem. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order and replace.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is there any way I can jumper around anything to verify that this is the problem or do you have a schematic I can see. I just dont want to order the part unless we can be pretty sure it is the problem. Not that I'm doubting you...
no you can't unfortunately---the board would just need to be replaced.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Changed the board and did not fix the problem. Do you have a link to the service manual that I can look at? Is there a way to run a diagnostics check?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Do you have the pin out information for the dryer motor plug? I am getting 120V to pin 2 and it appears pin 1 is neutral. What should the other pins have? I am thinking it is the motor...
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Are you going to be able to provide any more information? I still have the problem and need more in depth analysis..

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Is this a gas dryer? That's with coming up with your model number is XXXXX correct?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
That is correct. Natural gas..
Okay what the thermal fuse you checked look like? Was it a flat white one on the blower assembly? According to your dryer information this is the thermal fuse and high limit it in yours it's actually a set,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Mine has three. One is on the main blower assembly. One is on the Upper cabinet blower assembly. And one is on the burner assembly. They do not look like the ones in your picture but close. I checked all fuses with an OHM meter and all show good continuity. I get 120V to pin 2 on the motor and pin 1 is neutral, however it does not run. I just replaced the motor with a new unit, and still it does not run...

Okay sorry, I had another dryer diagram opened for somebody else and just clicked on the wrong one sorry about that, this is also a steam type dryer am I correct? I'm looking at the diagrams this as a cabinet on the top, here is the wiring diagram,I can see the thermostat, have you checked the door switch?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for the schematic. Now we are getting somewhere. You are correct. This model has a cabinet/steamer on top which is working fine. I am getting 120V at the relay, but nothing at terminal 4 on the motor. Please tell me where "F1 Thermal Fuse" is physically located and a picture of it if possible. I was assuming this was the fuse on the blower assembly (which is fine), but maybe I am missing something. Thanks! I think we are getting close...

click this link to all the diagrams and parts, you should be able to trace this from these,

also this link shows the fuse in this according to the diagrams, hope this helps, thanks Bryan

Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks Bryan. I have to head out of town for a few days but hopefully will be able to run it down when I get home. You have been very helpfull.
your very welcome. thanks Bryan