Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a bottom-mount built-in, model #KBFC42FSS 00. I frequently

I have a bottom-mount built-in, model #KBFC42FSS 00. I frequently have water in defrost pan and sometimes water runs out of bottom, around filter. We have checked filter and it seems ok.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

It is the filter that's bad it may look good but the seal is bad in the filter, we see this all the time you will need to change the filter, I made the mistake once of thinking it was the filter housing change the filter housing and put the old filter back in and it still leaked, I put the old housing back in and a new filter and no more leak, this happened when these first came out and I wasn't sure if the filter housing was the problem, found not it's never the filter housing and it's always the filter. Change the filter and this will solve your issue, thanks, Bryan