Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Where can I purchase an element for a Hotpoint Customaire wall

Where can I purchase an element for a Hotpoint Customaire wall oven catagory #10RJ11 4.0kw serial #(NNN) NNN-NNNNfrom 5600 W Taylor St Chicago Il There is no model number listed
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Does your element look like this?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
it is shaped like that but there is a metal plate then what appears to be a ceramic piece with 3 flat prongs the middle being the longest the back of the metal plate says #661698
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Okay sorry, I got called out and just got back, so this has a ceramic pleased with three flat prongs I think I know what you're talking about I think it's this one right?

It's actually the broil element not to bake element, this is available but it is a lot of money, $102.22, wow thats expensive, but if you needed you need it so here is the link to order it, just click this blue link, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Broil-Element/260965 and it will take you right to the part, thanks and well wishes, Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

It is shaped like the first drawing and the prone is like the second one. This pic looks just like the broil element. Would I still contact the same link?

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Wow, okay I'll have to do some more research, these are the only two that are showing up for this, this may take a little bit so hang in there I'll see what I can find, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thank you
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Okay I think I found the one that fits in there, it looks a little different than the original as far shape goes so I would call them and make sure that the size is correct and it will fit in your oven before ordering, actually the site I am sending you to would take it back if it didn't fit their good about that, this is the one that I found that should go in your oven, this is the only one available so if this doesn't work I really don't know where to tell you to look for, here is the link to the part, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Bake-Element/260968 thanks and well wishes, Bryan