Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Maytag 3000 series dryer. The sensor cycles dryness

I have a Maytag 3000 series dryer. The sensor cycles dryness button is depressed and won't pop back out. I get a message on the display that says CF3
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a full model number so that I can better assist you and see what that error means? It should be located on a sticker inside the dryer door area if you open the door.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The model number (i think) is MEDE300VW1. Serial number MY5140911. Type DADT-ELE-2406024-EL54
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
ok, well that error definitely means you have a stuck button which could just be a button stuck or it could be a faulty control board. You'll need to remove the top panel and remove the control panel to see if you can unstick the button. Pull the dryer forward and remove the screws coming in from the back of the dryer as well as unplug your dryer. The top panel will then pull straight up and off. Remove the screws coming in from the back of the front panel and then remove the front panel (it will be clipped in at the bottom). Then you can remove the control board and see if you can unjam the button, if not---just replace the control board because there is nothing else that can be done.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is the removal of the front panel that someone with basic skills can do?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
I don't know about basic, but if you're fairly handy you should be able to do it. If you work on cars or anything like that I wouldn't imagine this would be that difficult... but it's not "easy" by any means.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok my husband is about to try it, I guess. Can I keep this window open in case he has questions about it?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
ok, good luck.