Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Bosch Electric Dryer Model WTMC3300US/01|FD8508|300412| Serial

I have a Bosch Electric Dryer
Model: WTMC3300US/01|FD8508|300412|
Serial: 855080082679004123

The controls stopped working. I have reset the breakers, pulled the plug and reinserted and the tub light works, cleaned the sensor and vacummed the vents. The only other thing is I have a Bosch NeXXt washer that spins at 1100 rpm and sits next to the dryer.

What can I do to try to fix the problem before calling out aq technician?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So you said the controls stopped working, but what do you mean by that exactly? Does the dryer act completely dead? Do the controls not light up? If you open the door does the light inside the dryer turn on?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The control lights do not work, the start button does not work but the light inside the dryer does work.
ok perfect, that means the dryer is definitely getting power. Unfortunately there are no power filters or fuses that will cut the power to the display control board, so if your unit is getting power and the control panel isn't turning on---you need to replace the control panel. Below is a link to the display control panel that you'd need to order and replace to fix the problem.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Before I can accept your answer, I will need to get the control panel replaced and working. Can you provide a drawing on how to replace the control panel first.

I am not a very hXXXXX XXXXXdyman. It must be fairly easy. I need to be able to fix this my self or I will have to call out a service technician.

unfortunately there are no drawing or guides on how to replace the control panel. If you're not handy or can't take the dryer apart and replace the part yourself, then I'd suggest calling a service technician out.

I wish you the best of luck.

Edited by appliance Doc on 1/3/2011 at 7:56 PM EST
good luck