Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Have a 27 inch GE Monogram convection wall oven. Following

Have a 27 inch GE Monogram convection wall oven. Following the instructions in owner's manual, I removed the oven door to clean and now am unable to slide door back into place. The hinge machanism will not go in far enough to rest properly in place. I would appreciate your advice to correct this. Thank you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Do you have the hinge locks flipped over to lock the hinges? There are two little tabs one on each hinge you flip over to keep the door in an open position and remove it to you have these flipped over the hinges at about a 45° angle?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for advice...however, the levers are "pulled back" , in the position which enabled me to remove the door. My problem seems to be that I cannot slide the hinge into correct position so that the small groove in the hinge aligns properly with the frame it sits in. Looking into the hinge hole I see two bars...maybe the hinges are hitting these? PS I do intend to pay...I just need a little more help. thanks
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Bryan - I relaxed my approach to getting the door in and it moved right into place...So all is well. How do I complete payment to you? Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
I'm sorry I was off line, thats what I was going to tell you next to get the hinges to sit in those pins and don't force it, then move the door down and release the locks, good job, thanks Bryan