Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

frigidaire refrigerator model frs6lf7gs4 is flashing 4 on refrigerator

frigidaire refrigerator model frs6lf7gs4 is flashing 4 on refrigerator side and beeping 5 times over and over ... what is wrong?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Error 4 on this unit means that the air damper assembly isn't reading correctly and will need to be replaced. This is the part that stops the air flow from coming from the freezer into the refrigerator. It's located in the upper back left corner of your refrigerator. Below is a link to the part you need to order and replace.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Is this something that can be easily replaced?... looks like there are just a couple of screws holding the plastic cover on.

also, I just changed the water filter yesterday and in the process some water sprayed out ... could that have messed up the controls .. in other words could it be the controls malfunctioning or shorting and not the damper?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
certainly, it's fairly easy to replace. There's more than a few screws because you can't just remove the left side shroud. The entire left side, front control panel and right filter side needs to be removed because they're all clipped together. But it just requires a little bit of disassembly and then you can remove the damper assembly.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
"also, I just changed the water filter yesterday and in the process some water sprayed out ... could that have messed up the controls .. in other words could it be the controls malfunctioning or shorting and not the damper?"

I just want to be sure before i shell out a hundred bucks to get a new part.
Thanks
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
that wouldn't cause the damper to short out but water should have shorted out out the display control board that reads the damper assembly. You really can't test which one is faulty but if you now water was spraying out and could have gotten into the control panel I'd place my bets on the display board being faulty and not the damper assembly. Below is a link to the control board assembly.

CLICK HERE

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.