Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I believe I need to replace the heating element in my oven.

I believe I need to replace the heating element in my oven. There were some sparks and now it heats but does not get hot . . . not sure who to call for repair. Are they expensive to replace? It is a Westinghouse oven - was in the house when we bought it 10 yrs ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

can you get me the model # ? and make.?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I cannot find the owners manual.

I found a # XXXXX the back but it did not say "model" number. Is there somewhere to look on the oven itself?

Is this a freestanding oven for a wall oven? If it's freestanding and there is a drawer in the bottom open that drawer and should be a tag with the model number on it. Let me know, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Found it in the part you lift up by the burners, hadn't thought of looking there.

Model # XXXXX

Serial # XXXXX

ok great, this is your element. you can order this @ and when you click the blue link above there is a video on how to replace this, you can do this yourself its not hard, always unplug the range before replacing these, doing this yourself will save you a service call. the part is $29.85. thanks and well wishes, Bryan