Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

How do I replace the pump on a Frigidaite dishwasher model

Customer Question

How do I replace the pump on a Frigidaite dishwasher model FDB1100RHSO (2008)?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Give me a few minutes to look at the diagrams and get you instructions on how to replace this, do you need to replace the whole assembly? Is it the main pump assembly for the drain pump assembly you need to replace?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'm guessing it will be the main pump assembly for the draining function.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Ikey, I gather this is not draining correct? If so this is a very common problem on these machines, this is the drain pump it is separate from the main pump assembly,,the best way to replace this because it's in the back right rear underneath is to remove the machine from the cabinets. There will be two screws when you open the door look straight up and there 2 screws going into the counter top holding the dishwasher in, you need to remove those and then shut the water off under the sink and remove the water feed line from the valve, if you're wiring is long enough and you drain tube is long enough that you can just slide the machine out from there and then they could get to the pump, always shut the breaker off to the machine so there's no power going to it, the drain pump is number 60 on this diagram, it's not a very hard thing to replace once you get the machine out, do you have the drain pump yet? Let me know, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I do not yet have the pump. Frigidaire tells me that it will run around $45.00
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
That's correct it's about $40-$45, actually can get it for $41.50 @ and most likely this is your problem if its not draining, the impeller inside pump strips on the motor shaft, we replace a lot of these, I hope this information is useful and if you have any other questions feel free to ask, thanks and well wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Is the pump assembly accessed from underneath the machine or through the back?

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

On these once you have the machine out it's near the back but you can get to it through the side once the machine is out, if it's possible to lay the machine on its back once you get it out if you have enough wire and drain hose to do that it's much easier to replace it, it's not a very hard job once the machine is removed from the cabinets, actually it's pretty easy, hope this helps, thank you and have any other questions feel free to ask, thanks again, Bryan