Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Hi, I have a Whirlpool refrigerator model EB22DK. The hinges

Hi, I have a Whirlpool refrigerator model EB22DK. The hinges have sagged so that the door rubs against the bottom frame of the refrigerator section when it closes. Can I adjust it so that it swings easily?

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

You need to replace the door bushings, is this on the refrigerator door on the freezer door that's rubbing?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The hinges on my refrigerator door have sagged so that the door rubs against the bottom frame of the refrigerator compartment when it closes. Can I adjust the hinges to it swings freely?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It's the refrigerator door. The freezer door is fine.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Are you planning to tell me anything more? (Like how to replace the bushings)
Okay, the hinge door shim washers still there?Or are they missing is usually one or two in there
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'll have to go look. Be right back.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Without taking the hinge apart, and viewing them from the side, the washers seem to be intact.
ok, is the hinge bent?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Neither the top nor the bottom hinge appears to be bent. The hinges are on the left side of the door as you face the refrigerator. The top of the door on the right side is about 3/8" below the top of the refrigerator cabinet, while on the hinged side, it's flush with the top of the refrigerator.
ok, you need to remove the door and check the hinge and the spacers, this will require removing both doors , would you have it off check both the hinge in the spacers and also check to make sure the bottom of the door with the hinge goes in is in broken I believe there's a plastic piece in there that may be pushed into the door itself, let me know what you find, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Did you get my description of what I found when I took the refrigerator door off? (Everything looked to be in order.)
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Looking at the drawing you sent, I see that I have no part number 13, which looks like a gasket between the top of the refrigerator and part number 41, which is a metal piece that holds the top hinge. Would that make a difference?
that shouldn't make the bottom door sag, have you tried adjusting the front fett (rollers)? they may be out of whack.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi, Bryan,

When I put the door back on last evening, everything fell into place perfectly. Apparently the screws holding the top hinge bracket had become barely loose, although not enough to really notice. Once they were snug, the door swung freely.

Problem solved. Thanks.
That's great to hear! Good job and thanks for hanging in there, this is a difficult one to try to figure out when I'll be in there, have a great day and thanks again, Bryan