Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I woke up this morning to a puddle of water on the floor by

I woke up this morning to a puddle of water on the floor by my Maytag MSD2456GEB side by side Refrigerator/Freezer. When I opened the freezer side, it was in total defrost. The frozen food was no longer frozen, the ice cream was soup, and the ice was half melted in the ice maker. The fan was working, but there was no cold air being blown in. On the refrigerator side there was no cold air being blown in, and the food was in various stages of being cold. Has the compressor gone out?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

It's unlikely that your compressor is bad, it's just not common for this model. There is an overload relay attached to the side of your compressor that turns the compressor on. Call maytag and see if your model and serial number is XXXXX the recall. They had a recall a few years back, and if your unit is one of them they will come fix it for free. If it's not, you can order the overload relay and replace it yourself if you want. Below is a link to the overload relay you'd need to order.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you so much for your quick response. Your answer has been most helpful to us. You guys are great!
no problem and I wish you the best of luck.