Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

My Maytag washing machine is using HOT water even when COLD-COLD

My Maytag washing machine is using HOT water even when COLD-COLD cycle is selected
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 3 years ago.
Hello I'm Larry and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

swap the two hoses on the back of the washer ,, hot to cold and cold to hot
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Larry,
Do I swap these hoses even if they are correctly hooked up right now ? (Hot water is going where "H" is and cold water is hoing where the "C" is)
If the answer is yes, then what am I to test afterwards...Should I test the HOT-HOT cycle to make sure that only hot water is on ?
Thanks
yes ,, swap the hoses ,, thaey may have been crosses for a long time without knowing it
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Larry,
I have swaped the hoses and now I have the opposit problem. When HOT/COLD cycle is selected, the CODL water come on first.
Thanks
ok ,, thanks ,, reverse the hoses and replace the water temp switch in the control panel ,, you can get it at a local appliance parts dealer near you with the model number
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Larry,
I thank you for your efforts in assisting me and I had already figured that the temp switch would be the problem. I will go ahead and accept the answer but I'd like to ask you one last question. If I replace the switch and the problem persists, what would be another source of the problem? Could the controller board or selector switch be causing this problem?
Thanks
the only other thing would be the selector switch
Experience: Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
i will be going offline at 4:35 CST today so if you still need help please ask now or press the accept for me please,,, i will be back on tomarrow ,, thanks