Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My Maytag Neptune Super Stack washer seems to shut down for

My Maytag Neptune Super Stack washer seems to shut down for no reason mid cycle. The door is closed and if you press the start button it will start running again. Can you give me an idea of what may be going on?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

And in a Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Can you give me the full model number? SL-3 is a partial number if you open the door of either the dryer on the washer there will be a tag with the full model number on it, thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Stackable MLG2000AWW
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Okay great, after you push the start button does it continue and finish the cycle?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes. But it may stop again in a different cycle location. This does not happen all of the time it happened a couple of times a few months ago. now it seems to be every load
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Okay, so it stops every load now it seems to be? Does this stop at the rinse or drain cycle?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I think at the drain or pump out.It has stoped at the end of the wash cycle and then at the end of the rinse cycle.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
is the door lock light on?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Both the door lock light and the ON light are out at the time the washer has shut down. The door lock light is on when the washer is running.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
ok, before it stops does it drain? or does it drain after you press start again?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It will drain after i press start
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
This is most likely the door lock assembly causing this, the switch isnt engaged fully and when you press start again it engages correctly and will run, I would replace the switch,
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.