Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.
There are some parts available for this machine including the magnetron. click here, these microwaves are dangerous work on however, it's not recommended you do this yourself as the high-voltage side of the microwave, the capacitor can store a lethal amount of voltage even when this is unplugged its recommended a trained technician repair this, most likely the magnetron is failing but can also be the high-voltage diode which is a lot cheaper and that is probably the smell if it's like a plastic burning smell, technicians carry these diodes and can replace it for you, I would call a local repair company and let them know the symptoms and they can probably tell you whether they'll have the parts are not for it, there are universal diodes you can use these, hope this info is useful, well wishes and thanks, Bryan
Thanks so far , good to know about discharging the cap. In Canada , is this likely a simple repair then? Most will blow you off and sell you a new one, but from what you are saying , then all likely parts ARE available?...for this workhorse? that is the only hurdle it seems. Waiting for your reply.
I am going to press pay...I had to boot off to church...just got your reply....here is my yahoo address if you have that service.Hopefully you will say thanks for the "cheque"so as to give me a Tennessee email contact for you. Who knows, maybe a buddy is trucking by your place and can drop it off. Do have a good year and thankyou , Bryan , and this company Just Ask.
Again Bryan thanks.......I will try local for answers
drdeandrdean AT woo-who dot calm the cowboy website LOL