Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Double Wall Oven wont unlock and has no power after self

Double Wall Oven won't unlock and has no power after self cleaning
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Is the top or bottom door locked now? Also, do you have a model number by chance? if not, how old is this unit?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The top is lock and the display does not show any power. Don't have the model number but it's about 14 years old. Has been in very good working order until this happened.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
ok well there is a fuse mounted to the back of the control panel. The fuse goes bad if the oven gets to hot around the outside to prevent your cabinets from catching on fire. That means that your cooling fan isn't running to speed and your cooling fan as well as the fuse will need to be replaced now.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
How can I get to the control panel?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
You open the bottom door, remove the screws going into the left and right side trim. Remove the left and right side trim and that will expose a few screws up at the control panel near the right and left at the bottom of the control panel itself. Remove those screws and the control panel will pull off.

Good luck and have a nice day.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I took the screws off the trim but the trim is held in by the cover for the control panel. The unit has a long bar with screws in it on each side. It looks like if I remove them, it removes panel AND both the doors.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
no, the trim unclips at the bottom and pulls forward, then you pull straight down to remove it from the control panel---I really think at this point you should call a technician to have him come out and assist you.