Justin
Justin, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Owner of Shaffer's Appliance Service
40730774

WHIRLPOOL LSR7233BW0 my washer stopped and there is an electric/burn

WHIRLPOOL LSR7233BW0
my washer stopped and there is an electric/burn smell
disconnected and draining water now
not sure how to proceed
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Justin replied 3 years ago.

Justin :

Hi, are you draining water via the machine or manually? When you say it stopped, do you mean it won't wash or spin?

Justin :

Is the motor running still?

Customer :

i have a drill powered pump... only 2" water in bottom now

Customer :

won't was or spin

Customer :

motor not running

Customer :

all seems dead

Justin :

Ok

Justin :

It will fill though right?

Customer :

right

Justin :

I see, let me check out your model schematic. Please stand by

Customer :

ok

Justin :

While I check, where'd you get your drill powered pump. I'm a professional service tech and I'm somewhat jealous lol

Customer :

i have schematic too on appliancepartspro.com

Customer :

probably at HD

Customer :

i've had it a while and it comes in handy for small things at odd times like this!

Justin :

When you tried to get it to run, did you hear ANY noise? Any light humming?

Customer :

nothing but i can try again if you want

Justin :

Just place it in a spin setting

Customer :

might not have been listening

Justin :

lid down

Customer :

ok be right back

Customer :

just started on spin cycle. could it be i had it overloaded?

Customer :

towels today :)

Justin :

It's possible. I'll tell ya what we'll do

Justin :

I change this out of live chat into Q and A mode. You go ahead and run a full wash cycle. Check your email for the link to the Q and A and let me know if it worked the whole way through. With the electrical smell, it's possible the motor overheated and shut down on overload. If this happens, you won't be able to restart it for maybe a 1/2 hour.

Justin :

Sound good?

Customer :

yes

Justin :

Q and A is just easy since it gives you time to do your thing and it frees me up for another customer

Justin :

Either way, you still have access to me

Customer :

ok

Justin :

Ok, go ahead and do a load and let me know, either way ok?

Expert:  Justin replied 3 years ago.
Reply here once you're ready. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i just started a wash cycle
Expert:  Justin replied 3 years ago.
Ok, let me know once it's done. Just reply then so this link stays open in your email. I just don't want you to lose me.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
seems ok
just put in second load
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
seems ok now i just started a second load
thanks for help on a holiday!
Expert:  replied 3 years ago.
Ok, I'll send you the accept link. You can still work with me if you happen to need me, but I'm suspecting the motor overload tripped. This can happen due to high current draw from a very large load or a very heavy one. If you do need further assistance, all you have to do is log back on and send me a query on this question and I'll be there within a reasonable time.
Justin, Appliance Technician
Experience: Owner of Shaffer's Appliance Service