Peter
Peter, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years in the home appliance service and parts industry.
27890704

stove. 2 out of 4 of my burners will light but the other 2

stove. 2 out of 4 of my burners will light but the other 2 don't. They just click. The two that light up are the lower left and upper right. The two that don't are the upper left and lower right. So they're diagonal in what they do.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  al-mod replied 3 years ago.

Hi, I'm a Moderator on the Just Answer website and will try to help you get an answer as you have been waiting for awhile. I do not answer questions, rather I work with Customers and Experts to try to help questions get answered. The response rate on Just Answer is usually over 95%, but sometimes questions may go un-answered.

I have re-listed the question and alerted Experts that you are needing a response. Should you not receive an answer and you made a deposit, the deposit is fully refundable by visiting the Just Answer Help Pages using the link at the bottom of the question page or by replying back on this thread.

Thanks for using Just Answer.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok. this is my first time doing this so i'm on shaky ground here. if they need more detailed information, please let me know. Thanks.
Expert:  Peter replied 3 years ago.

Hi, my name is Peter.

Do you have the brand and model # XXXXX that I may do research and help you.

Thank you for the information.

Peter

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
sorry for the delay it's a magic chef brand. gas stove top with enclosed burners. the model number is XXXXX
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I sent the model # and brand of the stove back on Jan 23rd but I haven't heard anything back. However it now says that this questions was closed but with out an answer or solution. Just wondering what is going on. thanks.
Expert:  Peter replied 3 years ago.

Sorry, but I did not get the notice that you had sent the model #. When you turn on one of the burners that do light if you see a spark from the igniter on the burners that do not light (all 4 should spark when you turn on any burner) then you have defective igniter switch's (that are mounted on each valve). If you do not see a spark on all 4 burners then remove the burners that do not light (twist 1/8 turn ccw and lift) and check the wires to the igniter on each burner. If the wires are good then you have a defective spark module.

You may send additional questions directly to me.

If I have answered your question satisfactorily - please press the "ACCEPT" button, as this is the only way we as technicians receive pay.

Bonuses are GREATLY appreciated as well as feedback.

Thank you,

Peter

Peter, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Over 25 years in the home appliance service and parts industry.