Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Maytag side by side Model # NZD2766GEW. The refrigerator

I have a Maytag side by side Model # XXXXX The refrigerator is at a constant 60 degrees, even when set at the coldest setting. Having no problems with the freezer section.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

This is a very common problem with these units unfortunately. It means that your unit is no longer defrosting so the air isn't being able to circulate properly from the freezer into the refrigerator. You'll need to pull everything out of the freezer and remove the lower back panel and thaw out all the frost behind this panel inside the freezer with a hair dryer to defrost the unit. You can also just turn the refrigerator off for 24 hours and have it thaw out on it's own if you didn't want to take the unit apart.

To prevent the frost from coming back in a few weeks, you need to order and replace the Adaptive Defrost Control (ADC) located inside the refrigerator section in the upper back right corner above the control panel. Below is a link to the ADC you'll want to order and replace.