Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair
14958677

we have model KERC507HB71 it reads pf sometimes after we use

Customer Question

we have model KERC507HB71 it reads pf sometimes after we use the convection for extended use. I don't know what to do. now it des have a broken bulb inside I cannot remove on one side, but its been that way for a couple years. THe oven works 98% of the time, but my wife worries it could cause an electrical fire in the future.also the clock is wrong after pf. W Williams
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 6 years ago.
Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to giving you a better understanding of your repair today.........Have you had problems with electricity in your home..?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no, this is the only problem we have .
The PF error is a indication of a power failure..IF you have to keep trying to reset..Either your power is coming and going or the units computer is faulty.From what you are telling me it s more the computer if you are not havin power surge problems..The compouter would need to be replaced.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I knew PF was power failuer, Geez, i guess I have ot tear the thing apart and find the computer, and hope I can get one , if its like a vendo, or a royal vendor, i'm screwed, changing the glasss in the door was a real pain. thats why I left sevice and went to fountain Install, for my job.
I hear what you are saying..But that is the only fix unfortunately...

Edited by MasterTech on 1/1/2011 at 3:54 PM EST
If you are saying it works 98% of the time and you have verified that there is no power supply problems .Then yes you will need to replace the computer.also once you use the accept option today.please stop by and leave some feedback for my time helping you on your question..Thanks Bob
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
where is the computer? is it in the top behind the display or is it buried in the back behind the stove? Any idea how much it cost or are there rebuilt units available?
The computer is actually part of the clock...You can send it in for repairs...CLICK HER FOR REPAIRS