The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances

I have a Jenn-Air Dishwasher Model # JDB1080AWS with two problems

I have a Jenn-Air Dishwasher Model # XXXXX with two problems I'd like to try to fix myself. The first is after a complete cleaning our dishes don't appear to be rinsed well, and come out cloudy. The second is the door latch is not functioning properly, it closes but the release handle doesn't release and I have to pull hard to get it open. Thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 3 years ago.

The Home Smithy :

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. If the answer I provide for you is helpful, please click 'ACCEPT'. I won't be paid if you don't. Thank you.

The Home Smithy :

I am uploading a service manual for you to work from. Please stand by.

Customer :

Thanks Home Smithy. I'm here with pen and pad.

The Home Smithy :

Once you have the service manual please go to page 4-17 for the troubleshooting section on washability problems. The repair information for the door latch is on page 5-24.

The Home Smithy :

Please click here to download the service manual.

The Home Smithy :

Getting you the parts information now.

Customer :

Can you recommend a source for online ordering of any parts I need?

The Home Smithy :

Working on it. Please stand by.

The Home Smithy :

Please click here to order the new door lock assemble.

The Home Smithy :

Please let me know if you require further assistance, or information.
If not please click on "ACCEPT".
Thank you.

Customer :

Looking at the part right now. Is Midwayparts.net a reputable source for Jenn-Air parts, and do you know if this is OEM part or should I order it direct from Jenn-Air?

Customer :

No reply yet -- Looking at the part right now. Is Midwayparts.net a reputable source for Jenn-Air parts, and do you know if this is OEM part or should I order it direct from Jenn-Air?

The Home Smithy :

Yes they are reliable. I know the folks there pretty well. It is an OEM part.

Customer :

Okay, thanks very much. I know it's New Years Day, so thanks so much for your help on a holiday. Have a great New Year!

Experience: 30 years repairing appliances