Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

We used our Calorific range to cater our NYE party last evening

Customer Question

We used our Calorific range to cater our NYE party last evening and woke up to hear an unusual whirring noise coming from under the hood. It sounds like a fan but I can't make it stop. Can you help?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 3 years ago.

Hi, my name isXXXXX am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today..

Thank you for using JustAnswer's for your appliance questions, Myself and all the other experts are anxious to help you with your problem today. If you will please explain your problem and the model and serial number we can get started...

LOCATE YOUR RANGE/STOVE/OVEN MODEL NUMBER

First, here are some tips to help with your model number:

1. Don't enter a dash if it's not required.

2. Don't enter any blank spaces.

3. Be sure a zero is not the letter O.

4. Be sure a lower case L is not a 1.

5. Kenmore models always have a 3 digit prefix such as 110 or 665, then a period, then more numbers.

Next, look for an aluminum tag--or a silver or white adhesive label. The model number may be printed or stamped onto the tag and it may be written in two different type sizes or styles.

You might find the tag in one of these places:

Cooktop/Range/Stove

Gas:

* Inside the cooktop--if the top lifts up

* On the outside, bottom of the unit

* Inside the top of the vent duct--if it's a "downdraft" unit

Electric:

* Under one of the surface burners, or inside the cooktop--if the top lifts up

* On the outside, bottom of the unit

Gas or Electric Oven

* On oven side of the door jamb (with the door open)

* On the lower drawer jamb (with the bottom drawer open

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Model RSD307UK
SERIAL(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Expert:  Chas replied 3 years ago.
Is this a range or built double oven?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It's a freestanding gas range (with stove and oven)
Expert:  Chas replied 3 years ago.
This is going to be a bad motor on the clock, however there are no parts available for this old unit any more, you are going to be stuck buying a new unit to replace the range, sorry about the info on that though... Have a HAPPY NEW YEAR...

Your acceptance of my answer if helpful to you, requires that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button, this will allow me to get credit for helping you today, The deposit you paid in the beginning is just that and does not transfer to any experts until you press it...

NEGATIVE FEEDBACK should not be given, I am willing if my advice is not SATISFACTORY to give you a refund of your deposit. I cannot know everything since I am not there with you to see all the conditions that the appliance we are talking about,

Pressing the ACCEPT button will not stop me from continue to helping you in the future if needed on the problem we are working on..

If you are on a SUPSCRIPTION PLAN for JustAnswers you still need to press the GREEN ACCEPT button, you will not be charged more than you monthly subscription rate you have??

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

If possible will please leave me Positive feedback as we are graded on our help to you. If you cannot leave Positive feedback please let me know why so I can try to help more.